By Aletta Morariu Everybody loves potatoes. They go with almost every dish imaginable and come in so many varieties and forms that I even have a cookbook that presents more than 200 different recipes for potatoes. My personal favorites are French fries. I love them so much that I could eat them every day, but then again, who wouldn’t? Some of my friends even eat them dipped in ice- cream or milkshakes. They can be eaten in various, weird combinations; the only problem is concerning how to make them healthier so we can enjoy them more often. As I was thinking about this issue, I came to the conclusion that if we didn’t fry them, they would be so much healthier, so by changing that, we could not only eat them more often, but also eat then guilt-free. The solution to this issue is simple: potato wedges. These treats are so delicious that they have become my number one comfort food. They are also easy to make, and so everyone can do it, no skill required. Ingredients: You will also need:
- 4 potatoes parchment paper
- 2 Tbs olive oil 1 medium sized pan
- ¼ tsp sea salt 1 bowl
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika or chilli
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp oregano (optional)
- Any sauce you want
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C. Wash the potatoes and then cut them into wedges.
- In a bowl, mix the spices with the oil, then add the potatoes and toss them until they are coated.
- Line the pan with parchment paper and arrange the potatoes so they don’t touch each other. Bake them for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
And voilà! A light and tasty dish!