Information for refugees fleeing from Ukraine

Information for refugees fleeing from Ukraine

McDaniel College wishes to express its solidarity with students and all refugees forced to flee Ukraine due to the invasion of the country by Russian forces. Here we would like to provide additional information to university-level students, including those who might be interested in our academic programs.

First, it is important to note that our College is the branch campus of McDaniel College, a liberal arts college based in Westminster, Maryland in the USA. We are U.S.-accredited and offer both 4-year undergraduate degrees (in Psychology, Political Science, Business, Communication, Marketing and Art/Art History) and a premedical track to prepare for entrance exams into Hungarian medical universities. 

If you are not studying in one of these areas, we strongly recommend that you look for another university here in Europe that is accepting transfer students. Feel free to consult this list of institutions or this website: 

If you are interested in pursuing your studies at McDaniel College in one of these areas:
  • Psychology
  • Political Science
  • Marketing
  • Business Administration
  • Communication
  • Art/Art History

Then do know that we are offering a fast-track and more efficient path towards application for students who have been displaced by the war in Ukraine. We realize that it might be difficult for you to obtain a transcript from your former university and/or a letter of recommendation right now. Therefore, we will accept your application with only the following materials:

  • high school diploma (or other proof of completion document)
  • high school transcript (if available)
  • photo or scan of passport
  • C.V. (including former university, major, number of semesters of study)
  • personal statement (up to 300 words, explaining your background and areas of interest, and why you would like to study at McDaniel College)
  • any other materials you can provide concerning your academic record at your previous university

If you are interested in continuing your university studies with us, then please submit the application with these materials to

Because of the special circumstances of the ongoing war in Ukraine, there are temporary exceptional measures which allow people leaving Ukraine to enter Hungary without a visa. Ukrainian citizens with appropriate identification (biometric passports) are permitted to stay 90 days. Other Ukrainians are permitted to enter, stay for 30 days, and apply to stay longer. Third-country (non-EU) citizens are permitted to enter Hungary, stay for 30 days, and apply to stay longer. More detailed information can be found here:

We would then work with you over the spring and summer semesters to transfer the credits from your original university to our system.

Accommodations: We can help you find accommodation via our housing service ( and there are also a lot of services here in Hungary that are offering short-term free accommodation for Ukrainian citizens: For third-country nationals who are leaving Ukraine to come to Hungary, we are working with Migration Aid and NextStep to locate temporary housing.

If you have any further questions, then you can send them to