At present, the Covid situation in Hungary continues to evolve in a favorable direction. Vaccination numbers have now reached over five and a half million in the country and the rate of infection has fallen considerably. Therefore, the government has relaxed certain rules, namely:
- Mask-wearing is no longer mandatory in closed spaces, stores, and public transport.
- Masks and vaccination documentation are no longer mandatory in hotels, swimming pools, and baths.
- Vaccination documentation is still mandatory for concerts, sports events, night clubs and other crowded events.
- It is still mandatory to use masks in hospitals and medical facilities.
- Masks and social distancing are no longer mandatory in shops.
Do please remember that despite the improving situation, we all have to remain vigilant and careful for the sake of our own health and the sake of others’ health. Therefore, don’t forget to take all possible precautions--always using a mask when in doubt; maintaining proper social distance; and frequently washing your hands—in order to minimize the chances of Covid transmission, especially given that the highly infectious Delta variant has now reached Central Europe.
If you have any questions at all, please reach out to us.
With best wishes for your health and safety,
Matthew Adamson, Jessie Labov, Adriána Márton, Zsuzsi Elekes