By Abiade Zainab
According to a research survey of Associated Press only 47% of young people read books and this is because the internet is taking over the world. And nowadays you don’t have to read to get information anymore, so why would people take a book and read when they can just google online or read it on audible.co.uk on their smart phones or ipod?
If you are one of the people out there that dislike reading and you feel like ’why should I read those boring books’ well here are ten reasons for you to start reading again.
- Reading helps you use your brain unlike television where you just sit and put your total concentration.
- Through reading you discover new things like new words. It even helps improve your grammar.
- where with you.
- It helps develop one’s mind and imagination.
- A person who knows how to read can educate themselves in every area they are interested in.
- Improves your memory and discipline.
- It helps you learn about other people because before you were born a book has been written about everything.
- It builds self esteem and improves creativity.
- If you read a lot of books you’ll always have something to talk about because you can never run out of words.
- Books are inexpensive entertainment.
I am challenging you today to pick up a book and read. And do you know that to every problem the solution have been found and written in a book. It’s just for you to walk into a supermarket or a library and pick up a book.
’Not every reader is a leader but every leader must be a reader’
By: Harry Truman
“In our new knowledge economy, if you haven’t learned how to learn, you’ll have a hard time.”
By: Peter Drucker
Sources: www. persistenceunlimited.com/2007/12/the-26-major-advantages-to-reading-more-books-and-why-3-in-4-people-are-being-shut-out-of-success/